Wednesday, August 22, 2012

9. A Final Note

The bike as shipped back to Sydney for a second repair assessment. Water was found in the gear box and transmission (as well as the engine); consequently BMW could not guarantee the bike's future performance. The final outcome agreed between the BMW technicians and the insurance company was to write off the GS. The cheque is now in my account.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I have no idea if you'll see this comment, but I can't find any other way to contact you. I'm an independent filmmaker based in Melbourne, and I'm in the pre-planning stages of creating a Long Way Round-style doco set firmly in Australia.
    I was looking into the possibility of hosting and shooting the project by myself, but I generally prefer to be behind the camera.
    If you guys are planning another trip, please contact me if you're interested in having someone tag along. I plan to make the doc available online and will be in contact with Australian broadcasters to have it aired on National Television.

    Thanks much,
    Gray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gray

    Just got your comment through my email. I'd forgotten that the blog was still online!

    I have no 'round Australia trip planned yet, but it's not out of consideration sometime in the future.

    Funny enough I am planning a ride down to Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road next week.

    Anyway send e an email at ianmccarthyonline@gmail.com

    Cheers
    Ian

    ReplyDelete