Following Coffs Harbour we rode to Noosa where we camped just a few hundred metres from the beach.
![]() |
| Marmot tent and the R1200GS |
![]() |
| Sunrise near the Noosa campsite. |
Next stop Rockhampton, we didn't stop, just something to eat and a sleep for the night. We left early to make our way to Townsville. Before getting out of Townsville I dropped the bike at a busy junction after an unexpected u-turn by Christoph - no damage. Later that day I got pulled by some nice Queensland cops and given a speeding ticket for 1 point. So an eventful day.
Here's a picture of sunny Townsville where after the long 720 km ride from Rockhampton I had the day off, it's getting warm again. Duncan and Christoph stayed in Ayr for a dive and then joined me in Townsville.
![]() |
| Along The Strand around 08:30. |



Glad to hear you are all travelling well, sorry to hear of drop but great there is no damage to bike or rider. Cape York will be an adventure! Go well! You ain't missing anything in Sydney, it is freezing, raining and windy. Jaz
ReplyDelete