It's been a while since the first post, but now that the trip is almost underway I'll be making more of an effort. Everything is pretty much ready - pre-trip services booked, off-road tyres organised, emergency toolkit assembled and first aid course booked.
The plan is still to leave on Sunday July 1st. It's pretty cold here in Sydney at the moment (Australian winter) so our first night in Coffs Harbour, New South Wales will be in a motel, but the camping starts the second night in Noosa, Queensland. I'm not so keen on the camping, I mean why would you trade a hot shower, cold beer and dinner in the pub for a cold shower, stewed tea and a packet of freeze dried lamb curry! But, it's not just me on the trip so apparently compromise is required!
We have a third rider joining us 'Christoph' a German dude, but we're trying not to hold that against him. So it's the three of us up and down the tip of Cape York (upper right hand-side of Australia), Christoph leaves around Dunbar, Qld to go back to Sydney and Duncan and I continue on West to the Northern Territory. But, I am getting ahead of myself here, more to follow once we are on the trip.
For now, I have more mundane tasks to address: a 110 question multiple choice on first aid - a pre-requisite for the first aid course and revision for a university exam in Financial Risk Management. All very exciting!
I missed out on supporting a charity on my ride around the world in 2009, but I'm raising money for UNICEF this time, if you'd like to donate, you can do so by clicking here. Thanks for your support :)
...Roll on the 1st of July.
No comments:
Post a Comment